If you're not used to traveling on big boats such as I am, but have at least had the pleasure of embarking on a cruise ship for a vacation, or at least a ferry ride to lose the police then you may have experienced being scarred to death or almost soiling oneself when the Fog Horn blew loudly when leaving port.
Now, even if you have not experienced the Fog Horn effect, you've surely experienced this effect at some point in your life, where something caught you off guard out of nowhere, causing an immediate reaction to the thing or situation that caught you off guard, sending your heart into a minor cardiac arrest or at least your emotions into a whirlwind of frenzy.
These times that we are caught off guard by such things as a Fog Horn is completely understandable. When we experience something that catches off guard like a loud noise, its only natural to have that "OMG!" look on your face, placing one hand over one's chest as to catch your heart before it pops out of your chest.
In my life, I still can't get over controlling myself when I'm caught off guard by a loud noise like a Fog Horn, unless I'm particularly paying close attention to my surroundings and know the noise is coming. Yet, as it is in life, we are not always prepared for what's coming next. And, in some events that catch us off guard we can tend to over react considerably to the situation, allowing our unconscious selves react without thinking, just as an automatic reaction to a Fog Horn.
It's been my goal over the years to prevent myself from reacting in such a way to such events where my emotions overtake my actions, which ultimately can make my behavior less than desirable. For example: When I'm cut off in traffic I don't become enraged and start spouting off profanities at the other driver. Instead, I remain calm, maintain control of the vehicle, and my emotions. Then, I can concentrate and follow the person who just cut me off and let all the air out of their tires. (LOL! Just kidding).
As much fun as that may be, the real point is that I don't let my emotions take control of me. The philosophy being that I'm always attempting to maintain control of my emotional state and not let every mishap in life overtake me that can determine how I react, thus causing me to live in a perpetual state of unconsciousness opposed to living at a higher level of consciousness.
If you live in undesirable conditions and have Fog Horns going off in your life more repetitively than you'd prefer, and are your behavior is constantly charged that can lead to inflamed behavior such as complaining or self-loathing, than you need to become aware you are living on a lesser plain of existence.
It's okay to have the occasional fog horn catch you off guard, we are merely human after all.
Just understand how adversely your behavior can effect you when you are not in control. The philosophy is...strive to live more Consciously in every moment of your existence and stop being such a whiny little bitch.
END
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment